cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

430EX3 RT and Godox X ProC trigger

Tnshot
Contributor

Alright folks, I've read all the prior post and poured over the instruction manuals until I'm ready to scream.

I just replaced the old 430's with new RT models and simply want to fire one flash in ETTL.

Can someone please give me the simple version of doing this without making me feel any more stupid than I do now?

About ready to drag out the old F1-N and a Sunpac (yep, I'm an old film geezer)

If no one is using the Godox, can someone link up a late model 6D for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Tnshot wrote:

Sorry, thought my question was simple enough. 

One flash is working on another camera and will not be available for this job. 

Only have TWO of the new RT 430's.
Do NOT wish to operate as optical slave in this set up. 

Need RADIO connection between camera and flash.

Thanks for your input but I think I'll go with the Godox reciever on the flash.

As you stated, the Godox transmitter only works with Godox flashes and receivers, not with the Canon RT receiver built-in on the 430III.  In order to do that, you can get the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT or the Canon ST-E3-RT.  These two are proven and being used professionally, just like the Godox.  I use both Yongnuo and Godox systems and they function equally well. 

The advantage with Godox is that you can use their flashes/strobes across systems (such as Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc) meaning you can control Godox/Flashpoint flashes and strobes made for Sony or Nikon as well.  The disadvantage, as you found out, Godox can't control Canon RT flashes without adaptors.  The Yongnuo advantage is that it can, seamlessly, with either Canon or Yongnuo RT flashes.

If you are keeping the 430III, you are better off with the Yongnuo or Canon Transmitter.  If you insist on usisng Godox, I'd return the Canon flashes and get the Godox flashes (and strobes)- more power at much lower price.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If you have more than one 430RT, why not use it as a radio trigger?

Tryiing a simple lighting on some tombstones and only  want one flash off to the side.

Which is irrelevant to what I said. You can have a master flash on the camera not participate in the exposure.

@Tnshot wrote:

As you stated, the Godox transmitter only works with Godox flashes and receivers, not with the Canon RT receiver built-in on the 430III.  In order to do that, you can get the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT or the Canon ST-E3-RT.  These two are proven and being used professionally, just like the Godox.  I use both Yongnuo and Godox systems and they function equally well. 

The advantage with Godox is that you can use their flashes/strobes across systems (such as Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc) meaning you can control Godox/Flashpoint flashes and strobes made for Sony or Nikon as well.  The disadvantage, as you found out, Godox can't control Canon RT flashes without adaptors.  The Yongnuo advantage is that it can, seamlessly, with either Canon or Yongnuo RT flashes.

If you are keeping the 430III, you are better off with the Yongnuo or Canon Transmitter.  If you insist on usisng Godox, I'd return the Canon flashes and get the Godox flashes (and strobes)- more power at much lower price.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Also, I just realized that I did NOT state I wanted to use RADIO connection.
I'm new to this forum stuff, please bear with me.

Tnshot
Contributor
Should have added that flashes are working on two different cameras at once.

Tnshot
Contributor
Got a reply from Godox on this issue. The latest 430EX flash still requires a Godox receiver in order to function.

Tnshot
Contributor
Wow, a lot of food for thought. Thank you for "straightening" me out. I have to admit to being pretty ignorant on this subject.
Announcements