cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pedestals for MT-24?

traveler582
Contributor

Is anyone aware of any 'generic' or 3rd party pedestals for the Twin Lite MT-24EX Flash?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

traveler582 wrote:

No, that's the beauty of the Nikon R1C1, the flashes (SB-R200) detach from the ring on the lens and you can mount them on stands. And this is true wireless. You can also buy additional SB-R200 flashes. 

Unfortunately I'm looking for stands for the MT-24EX, and although they also detach, there doesn't appear to be stands for them, by Canon or otherwise.

The bottom foot is a standard hotshoe and there is also a 1/4" threaded tripod mount socket on the bottom. It should be very easy to find something that will work.

MT-24.jpg

MT5_filtered.jpg

Here are some standard flash stands on ebay:  ebay flash stands

MT1.jpg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Skirball
Authority

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for.  Are you trying to attach it to something other than your lens?

Yes, a stand or base if you will, for off the lens use.

I have a set up for shooting extreme macro and would like to 'arrange' the flashes with out using beanbags to rest on etc.

Nikon has them included with their R1C1 set up.

8357838-md.jpg

Got it.  I don't have any personal experience with it.  This website claims to have bracket extensions that work with the MT-24:

http://www.photomed.net/r2_dpfb.htm

But the images look like normal cold shoe adapters.  What's on the bottom of the flashes, is it a hotshoe?  If so, any old holder would work.

No, that's the beauty of the Nikon R1C1, the flashes (SB-R200) detach from the ring on the lens and you can mount them on stands. And this is true wireless. You can also buy additional SB-R200 flashes. 

Unfortunately I'm looking for stands for the MT-24EX, and although they also detach, there doesn't appear to be stands for them, by Canon or otherwise.

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 5.09.19 PM.jpg

traveler582 wrote:

The bottom foot is a standard hotshoe and there is also a 1/4" threaded tripod mount socket on the bottom. It should be very easy to find something that will work.

MT-24.jpg

MT5_filtered.jpg

Here are some standard flash stands on ebay:  ebay flash stands

MT1.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Thanks Mike!

It was so obvious, maybe that's why I didn't see that! 

And thanks for the link, I just ordered the one pictured on the bottom, $1.79, one can't go wrong.

I could swear I ran searches on google for these things, sometimes the key is how you word your search.

Thanks a million!!

Rob

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements