cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 7D has trouble talking to 430Ex speedlight.

Hairdad
Apprentice

Regardless if I have the flash control set to external only or both. I turn on the external flash, it show the channel etc. I pop up the on camera flash and enable both. Standing right in front of the 430 and pressing a test flash, nothing . Going around to the external and waking it up, take a picture, no external flash. Finally after two or three shots, the external starts blinking.

Can someone tell me the proper procedure so I know if there is something wrong with this new gear?

Thanks,

Ron

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hi Hairdad,

We're sorry to hear that your EOS 7D is having trouble talking to your Speedlite 430EX.  I'd like to go over the steps to get this working for you.

1.  Press the [FLASH] button to pop-up the built in flash.  Ensure the Speedlite 430EX is set to Slave mode.

2.  Select [Flash Control] under the Camera 1 Tab, then press <SET>.

3.  Select [Built-in flash func. Setting], then press <SET>.

4.  Select [Flash Mode], select [E-TTL II] then press <SET>.  

5.  Select [Wireless Func.] and choose the Speedlite fire option.

6.  Set [Channel] to the same as the Slave Unit is set to.

7.  Fire a Test flash.  The slave should fire, if not then check the settings again. (Page 119)

8.  Take the picture.

Everything should be working OK now.  I trust you will give us a call if you have any unresolved issues.  Please call 1 - (800) 828 - 4040 and follow the prompts for Technical Support.  Our agents are available Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to Midnight EST, and on Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thanks, but if all else fails, plug it in. the Batteries were shot. 🙂

Announcements