cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video will only capture to SD Card not Computer using Remote Shooting on 6D and Mac 10.12.6

eatatsams
Apprentice

Hi folks, 

I'm trying to shoot some video using my 6D and remote shooting via EOS Utility 3 because its going to be a lengthy video and will exceed the capacity of the SD Card. I'm using a mini 5-pin USB to USB cable. My wi-fi is not stable, so it is highly unreliable for moving large files around. So tethered via cable is my preference.

The challenge I'm running up against is that the video is only recording to the card. I've updated the firmware of my camera to 1.1.8, and thought I'd resolved the issue since photos were capturing directly to the folder on my computer that I had created. But when I switched over to Live View and tried to record video, I no longer see my Mac as the capture location and it's greyed out. Along the bottom of the Live View window, I see a message that says, "captured images are saved on the camera"

Is this just a functionality that isn't supported? If I use an HDMI to USB vs. Mini USB to USB will that resolve the issue? Any suggestions. 

I've attached a photo:

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 11.01.08 PM.png

Any insight or input anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello eatatsams, 

When recording video in the method that you describe, the camera's media card will be used. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

moonkrj
Apprentice

Hello eatatsams,

Have you tried to use Capture One software? I used their 30 days trial for my 5D III and Canon EOS Utility. The images went upside down, and I had to rotate them back all the time (it was both on computer and camera).

Cheers

-- hide signature --
RJ Moonk | Graphic designer and aspiring artist, kayaking guru Design Editor at dbpmagazine and works for Graphic designer at Dirt Bag Paddlers and Graphic designer at CYE Promo Past domyhomework.
--

Announcements