Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: BEWARE Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

does someone have an alternate link or mirror for the webcam beta for Mac? The entire Canon site has been down for two days, my google fu hasn't turned up anything, thanks 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: BEWARE Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Yes, I'd be interested as well if there is an alternate link or mirror!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Setup Specs:

Camera: M6 Mark II Firmware Updated

Mac OS: 10.15.6

Chrome: Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Youtube Webcam

I am having an audio sync issue when going live on youtube. I was previously using a T5i which is unsupported supposedly and it worked flawlessly. Now my new M6 Mark II has like a millisecond of lag on the audio. 

Anyone else having this issue and found a fix? I have tried shooting in 4K and HD. I also tried 24FPS and 60FPS and no change.

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I've noticed that in the past week that the webcam no longer appears in MS Teams (last 4-5 days); coinciding with a couple of updates to MS Teams.  I had to set up a new MBP and had a slightly older version of Teams on the new machine, and yay, it worked... until this morning when I found that Teams has updated to a new version:

...You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.18164. It was last updated on 08/08/2020...

Zoom sees the Camera, but not Teams.  Have tried re-installing Teams and reinstalling the driver (I kept it around), but no good.  Any ideas?

Camera: M50 (22mm, F2.0)

Mac OS: 10.15.6

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Unforunately this utility is not available at this time per Canon support:

Canon U.S.A., Inc. and its subsidiaries understand the importance of maintaining the operational integrity and security of our systems. Access to some Canon systems is currently unavailable as a result of a ransomware security incident we recently discovered.
We immediately implemented our response protocols and began an investigation. Cybersecurity experts who have worked with other companies that have had similar issues, have been engaged. We are working quickly to address the issue and to restore operations. We appreciate your patience as we work through this incident. Thank you.
Our EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software download is currently unavailable.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: macOS Catalina - Web Utility Does Not Install Correctly

Hi! can you upload the driver to any link? Thanks a lot!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Hi! can you upload the driver to any link? Thanks a lot!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I think you are right. Microsoft seems to be doing a bunch of stuff with teams and I'm led to believe it's not compatible any more. However, I havent really found anything it works with at the moment now.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have a copy but I don't want to post it because I don't want to get in trouble.   If you give me a dropbox link or something I can place the zip in there.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I need the link for mac badly. I need your email to add you to my dropbox, unless you know a easier way to get me the file.