Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

I'm dealing with the same issue. I have the EOS M50 Mirrorless, just getting that screen. Did you fix your issue?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

I'm having a hard time tracking the thread, so I'm not sure if you were replying to me directly.  I reinstaleld the Beta and also downloaded the latest Zoom and now my DSLR is a recognized camera input within zoom client.  It works perfectly.  I think it was the zoom update that made the difference for me.  The beta tool was working for zoom (web based), but not for the client version of zoom, which is what i use every day.  Now it all works perfectly, no tweaking at all.  Just installed and it worked.  

Highlighted
New Contributor

With my above set up you don't need software and can use ANY app or software that needs camera access. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback[ Edited ]

@guyguyguy wrote:

This is still dissapointing. You are also misleading compatibility on the download page. It asks to choose which camera, and the M6 is clearly listed, but when you click through there is no M6 compatibility. You guys are definitly the subject matter experts here but I don't see a technical limitation when compared to other cameras that are compatible on the lower end of the technical specturm. Please release this for the M6. 

Does the M6 allow you to use the regular EOS Utlity for Remote Shooting?  My M3 does not, and it does not work as a web camera.  The early releases of the M Series bodies did [not] allow Remote Shooting with the EOS Utility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

The M6 is compatible with the EOS utility. I also do wifi remote shooting from my phone. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

I also don't see what is technically different from the M50 which is compatible with the webcam utility. 

Highlighted
VIP

@guyguyguy wrote:
Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback[ Edited ]

@guyguyguy wrote:

This is still dissapointing. You are also misleading compatibility on the download page. It asks to choose which camera, and the M6 is clearly listed, but when you click through there is no M6 compatibility. You guys are definitly the subject matter experts here but I don't see a technical limitation when compared to other cameras that are compatible on the lower end of the technical specturm. Please release this for the M6. 

Does the M6 allow you to use the regular EOS Utlity for Remote Shooting?  My M3 does not, and it does not work as a web camera.  The early releases of the M Series bodies did [not] allow Remote Shooting with the EOS Utility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The M6 is compatible with the EOS utility. I also do wifi remote shooting from my phone. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

I also don't see what is technically different from the M50 which is compatible with the webcam utility. 

Let me know when you can select a Wi-Fi connected device as a video source.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Not sure what your reply is stating. 

But the M6 is compatible with the EOS utility. 

Highlighted

The EOS M6 Mark II is listed as compatible with the EOS Webcam Utility Beta software. 

You'll find the full list of currently supported cameras at canon.us/livestream

EWUCompatible.JPG

Highlighted
VIP

@guyguyguy wrote:

Not sure what your reply is stating. 

But the M6 is compatible with the EOS utility. 

The instructions for the EOS Webcam Utility clearly state that it is for USB connected devices.  The Windows 10 Operating System will not allow you to select a WiFi connected device as if it physically connected to your PC,  It must be a local connection.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Was having problems connecting my Canon 5ds with Zoom on Mac 10.14.6 but finally got it to work.

Posting this here to help anyone else that finds themselves in the same situation:

The Canon Web Utility FAQ says it will only work with Zoom's web-based client in Chrome, so I tried that, but Zoom insisted I switch to their App (would not work.)

So, I tried meet.google.com in Chrome. That worked, but I couldn't get the image to not be reversed. (What am I missing?)

Next, after seeing a post in this forum, I downloaded the latest version of the Zoom app for Mac.

At first, all I could get was the EOS WEBCAM black screen.

I switched my camera from video to still, AND IT WORKED!

The image had the black border around it, so I switched it back to video AND IT WORKED!

The image was reversed, so I unchecked the "mirror my video" box in Settings-Video

AND IT WORKED.

UPDATE: I just dusted off my old 5d MarkII and IT WORKS. Doesn't look great, but it works....

Now, to figure out sound. Currently, it's using my iMac's built in for input and output (and working fine), but if I'm planning to use the Canon, it makes more sense to use the Canon audio (or connected mic) but for now this will work.

I suppose if I'm using my airpods connected to the iMac, it will work great.

If there are any hints out there for audio best practices, I'm all ears. Thanks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor