Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

[ Edited ]

This is great news from Canon!

After I quit out of EOS Utility and ended the background task everything worked pretty well. I did have an instance where my 1DX flipped the shutter up and down a couple of times (assuming toggling live view mode even though I was on video mode) before staying on.

So far I have it working with my 1DX II and EOS R on Zoom, Facebook, OBS, and Streamlabs OBS. Latency is pretty minimal and hardly noticeable which I have very pleased with.

I would really like to see future support for full 1080p 60fps as the max I can do right now is 1024x576 30fps but hopefully, this will come with a future update.

Highlighted
New Contributor

When will this be available to the rest of the world???

Highlighted
New Contributor

Why is there nothing for the T6s while T6 and T6i are supported??

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm in the UK and the download works fine. It's the "support" that is only for the US - I expect because the dev team who issued this is based there.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I connect the USB cable to the camera, I get an image (in the camera screen) showing the battery level and the PC but the video is not transmitted on zoom even after specifying the eos webcam driver. What could be a solution to this? I am using M6 Mark II with latest firmware

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

FIX

I found a fix.

Apparently the EOS utility starts up with Windows and connects to the camera before the webcam utitlity can. It sort of hijacks the camera.

You can fix this by terminating the EOS utility in the Task Manager. So right click on the taskbar and select Task Manager. Scroll to EOS manager and right click it. Select 'End task'. Now try again with your webcam.

Let us know here if it works for you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It is available in Portugal. I'm using it sucessfully. Have you tried to download it?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It is not really a fix because it is not a bug. It is documented that is the way it will work Smiley Happy But thanks anyway for sharing with others who may have not read the "documentation" and were experiencing the same issue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I also have a G7X first gen (no Mark *), this doesn't seem to be supported yet.

Hope that Canon will add support for older models in next release as I think that there is huge demand for thoses as well. In principle the older G7X shoudl also work because I can get a live view in the Canon "Digital Photo Professional" software.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Question:

Is there a way to turn off "live view" while connected as webcam to save battery?