Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Should I try that one for MY T5i?
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the use-case photos shows three Apple devices, yet the software isn't available for MacOS?

0B8E8A9D-4FB6-478E-80DE-6750B750BBCA.png

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Any plans to make this available for us Mac users?

indeed. Unless I'm misinformed, there are a few Mac users in the Canon community.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Tried with Canon EOS M6 MarkII.  Installed okay.  Tried with Facebook Messenger Video.  Stopped EOS Utility.  WEBCAM Utility option avaiable as source for video but once I switch to it, I get only the title screen of the WEBCAM Utility in mirror image. I've tried various alternative setups to no avail.  Not working for me.

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is a much needed capability, so thank you very much for providing this Beta version for us to start using!

Has anybody got this working with MS Teams yet?   I was able to get it working with OBS, however the device doesn't show up in my camera device list within Teams.  I know this is just a beta and won't yet be fully functional with all of the various conferencing apps, but was wondering if anybody has this working and I'm just missing a step.  

Thanks,

Jim

Highlighted
New Contributor

Will there be any support added for additional cameras like the EOS M5?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I like it so far, but could use a readme file that tells some of the things you say here.  I was confuse by it at first in that I was looking for a program and could not find it.   Then I did not know about turning off EOS Utilities.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello @jforger!

I just tried it and it does work with Microsoft Teams. You have to quit Teams and start it again. Don't just close the window because it will be running minimized. Quit and restart. It works Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Way to go Canon! Works like a charm with my 5D Mk IV! Tested it successfully with Zoom and Microsoft Teams!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Well, I guess those were Apple users seing the webcam/Canon camera from a Windows user Smiley Wink