Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Community Manager

EOS Webcam Utility Beta Windows Software: Share Your Feedback

[ Edited ]

Have you had a chance to use our EOS Webcam Utility Beta Windows software?

We’d love to know what you think of our beta software! Once you’ve had some experience with it, share your feedback below to get tips and tricks from our support team.

original_monitor-image_03.png

*Image depicts available livestream viewing options*

Canon Tips: Using EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software

• When using EOS Webcam Utility Beta software with your camera, the video source image will not be visible if the EOS Utility application is running as a background operation on your computer.  For EOS Webcam Utility Beta software to perform correctly, you need to “Quit" the EOS Utility application from the notification area (system tray).

• While you are using EOS Webcam Utility Beta software with your camera, you will not be able to use the EOS Utility application. To use the EOS Utility application you will need to close your video conferencing application or deselect the EOS Webcam Utility Beta as the video source in the video conferencing application.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility Beta software with your camera powered off, turned on from the off position during video conferencing or set to Still Photo Shooting mode, a black border may appear around the video source image.  We suggest EOS Webcam Utility Beta software be used with your camera powered on and set to Movie Shooting mode, if available.

• When using EOS Webcam Utility Beta software with the EOS M50 camera, we suggest that the LCD screen be open and faced towards the user to achieve optimal performance.

products-v2.png

Looking to connect in higher quality?

Find the right webcam starter kit for you! 

button-shop-now.png

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

I've never heard of it, is there somewhere with more information about it.

Is it available as a download ?

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

https://youtu.be/msJAkr3FsUM

@Ray-uk wrote:

I've never heard of it, is there somewhere with more information about it.

Is it available as a download ?

CURRENT COMPATIBLE EOS WEBCAM UTILITY BETA SOFTWARE PRODUCTS:

EOS-1D X Mark III EOS-1D X Mark II EOS 5DS R EOS 5DS EOS 5D Mark IV EOS R EOS 6D Mark II** EOS RP** EOS 7D Mark II EOS 90D** EOS 80D** EOS 77D** EOS Rebel T7i** EOS Rebel T6i EOS Rebel T7** EOS Rebel T6 EOS Rebel SL3** EOS Rebel SL2** EOS Rebel T100** EOS M6 Mark II** EOS M50** EOS M200** PowerShot G5X Mark II** PowerShot G7X Mark III** PowerShot SX70 HS**

DCS 3c, DCS 520, D30, D60, 1Ds, 300D, 30D, 1000D IR, 7D, 6D, 6D, M5
15-45/3.5-6.3 IS, 16-35/4 IS, 22/2, 24/1.4 II, 24-105/4 IS, 50/1.4, 85/1.8, 100/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS II, 300/2.8 IS
Highlighted
New Contributor

I think this is awesome that this is being made available. What I am currently having an issue with is trying to get my video feed to appear on the screen. I only get the EOS Webcam Utility logo, but can't seem to get an actual feed to appear. I was originally trying to load it in through OBS, but when that failed, I tried Google Hangout which also failed. Am I missing something?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I had the same issue at first. I had to quit the EOS Utility application from the taskbar, then it worked in OBS.

Highlighted
New Contributor

up above in the quick tips in the original post they mention needing to close the utility. Make sure its not in the tray if you're on Windows (I'm assuming you're on Windows since I don't think this works at all on macOS).
Highlighted
New Contributor

Resolution & audio

I am using the app to feed to OBS. However the resolution is only giving me 1024x576. How do I get 1920x1080?

I also have a Rode mic plugged into the M50 mic input, however im not getting any audio to the PC. Is there a way to make the audio feed from the camera as well?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I can not get this to work.  I installed the utility on my windows 10 laptop, and restarted the system.  I am not explicitly running the utility, but I see that it is in the list of installed programs.  I turned on my EOS RP, plugged the cable into my laptop, and started Skype.  Skype does not see the camera, only the built-in webcam.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is the Canon T6s also compatible at the moment? and if not, will it be added soon?

Highlighted
New Contributor

After downloading and experimenting with the EOS RP, I have seen in only one specific setting that there is, the best way i can explain it, a very high latency, choppy video feed. It is when the camera is put into video mode, and placed into the video quality FHD 59FPS. In any of the other modes, including the 4k, the speed doesnt seem to be affected.