cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my Favourite Poems and Animals

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

EOS 5DsR, EF 100-400LII@ 263mm, f/5.6, 1/320sec, ISO-500EOS 5DsR, EF 100-400LII@ 263mm, f/5.6, 1/320sec, ISO-500

The Tyger  By William Blake

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Zoo? I see that you are utilizing the finer points of B&W photography. We tend to get in a rut, thinking everything has to be in color. My complements.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Hi John:
Thank you!   Yes, zoo at the moment.  It's what I can get to, given my health status. I suspect my days of overseas travel are over, and while I love macro mammal predators, they are not exactly thick on the ground here in NZ.   For me, the challenge is to take them out of their confinements and try to give them back their freedom, even if only in an artistic sense.

I like greyscale (I differentiate that from B&W, but that's just me), as it is much more inducive to concentrating us on the character of the subject.   If you can find one, I strongly recommend a book by the fabulous Brazilian photographer, Sabastio Salgado: "Genesis".   He had a long history of documenting humanity in distress and it got to the stage it was making him seriously ill.  So, he turned to photographing nature in his preferred genre: greyscale and the images are stunning.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements