cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neice's Wedding

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Family event.  My Neice got married yesterday.  I shot as a guest.  They had 2 professional wedding photographers and a videographer.

R5 C, RF24-70 f2.8R5 C, RF24-70 f2.8

Rick_033.JPGRick_036.JPGRick_053.JPGRick_054.JPG

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

3 REPLIES 3

zakslm
Enthusiast

Nice shots.  Looks like you got along and cooperated with the 2 photographers and videographer.  I've seen guests shooting with cellphones really making it challenging for the hired crew and certainly can empathize with their situation.  

A couple of decades ago, I assisted then became a 2nd shooter for a local wedding and event photographer. 

Some local photographers despised guests horning in on thier setups and posing of groups to the point of shooing them away in a less than polite manner.  Presumably they did so because they may have felt that that the guests were a nusance and there was a chance that their shot would be ruined and revenue would be lost i.e. selling 8X10's, etc.   Back then, there weren't many if any people shooting with cellphones so guests sometimes brought point & shoot film cameras, SLR's, etc.

The guy I worked for and with took a different approach.  When snap happy guests hovered around his setups and group shots, he would say something like, "go ahead, take your shots, then it's my turn!".  Then calmly and politely shoo the guest shooters out of his way, refine the pose or group poses and take his shots.  It was a good lesson in patience and customer service and made for a better experience (and results ) for him, his clients and the guests.      

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Very good points.  I'm not a pro and stood back for the most part.  Being a photographer myself, I'm very aware of how hard wedding photographers have to work.  I'm cognizant of keeping myself out of pictures, not walking across a photographer's lens, and not standing mindlessly in the periphery.  😀   It was a great celebration.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Congratulations of both the happy event (belatedly, I admit), on your consideration for those officially shooting the wedding, and for your own images.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements