cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first Macro

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I have had a couple of macro lenses for some time, the EF-S 60mm and the EF 100 lenses, but have never managed to get out there and apply them to macros, although they have come in hand for other purposes.

A few days ago the day dawned fine but with morning mist and fog and the plants were covered in generous amounts of dew, so I unearthed the 100mm lens and strapped it to the first body that came to hand - the venerable EOS 650D.  I used a tripod in available light, and burrowed into a plant to get the dewdrops with the morning sun coming through and hoping to get the lens effect as a bonus.  So here is the result, reduced in size to fit within the upload constraints.

Tiny worlds LR.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

KellyKellyKelly
Contributor

You did a stunning job of catching the ray of light through a dew drop and I love the green of the leaves with the sunlight behind Cat Surprised

Thank you Kelly

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements