cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music to My Ears Series

Christhephotog
Enthusiast

Black -headed GrosbeakBlack -headed GrosbeakBlack-headed Grosbeak photographed at a set up. Mendocino County, Northern California. This image was created with a Canon EOS R6MKII camera with a Canon EF 100-400mm lens at 260 mm. My camera settings were AV mode, ISO 6400, F 8.0 at 1/320th of a sec. This is bright and colorful and a little over the top!

3 REPLIES 3

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Colorful bird. Detail is such that the bird has something in his beak. How did you get the bird to perch on the instrument?

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Christhephotog
Enthusiast

Hi John, This is what is called a set up.  Off to the right just out of the frame is a single port bird feeder filled with bird seed. The birds naturally land on the violin neck as it is the closest perch to the bird feeder. Please check out my book, Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography from your local library to see more ideas. you can also check out some of my postings on Facebook where sometimes i post images of the set up.\

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Thanksi for the info. I'll get the wife to view it,too. She is the bird photographer. Will post some later.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements