cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro shots with my new lens

ScottyP
Authority

Some macro images shot with my new-ish EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro lens.  Still constantly amazed by the crazy shallow DOF.  Considering picking up a crop body just to gain some DOF, as macro rails can't really help with moving live bugs.

Ladybug (1 of 1)-4.JPGLadybug (1 of 1).JPGLadybug (1 of 1)-3.JPGLadybug (1 of 1)-2.JPG

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Outstanding!  Ain't it great when you get a new 'baby'? Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Seriously!  Since getting this lens I have been walking around, and even driving around, looking out of the corner of my eye at clumps of flowers or weeds that might have good bugs.  Loving this lens. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I know the exhiliration that you're feeling.  I picked one up several weeks ago.  The lens is razor sharp.  Try taking some shots that are not closeups, and you will see what I mean.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Congrats on your new lens...I've had this lens for several years now...Like you, I'm loving it.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements