EOS 90D Rokinon lens 1.5 35mm manual focus

TalmeedL
Contributor

20240531071709_IMG_4721.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I love the concept, the layout and the colours, but would strongly encourage you to straighten the tanks so they are vertical.
Levelling (i.e. true vertical and horizontal) has a significant impact on how we view an image - we are used to buildings (sans Tower of Pisa) to be vertical and it actually introduces a level of tension into the image.   If this is intentional, (a technique called Dutch Tilt - a bastardization of the original Deutsch Tilt) then conventional wisdom suggests this should be at an angle >15deg - so like you mean it.   This makes an image dynamic, aggressive and creates tension, especially when combined with close-up wide angle perspective. For example the following image of a racing car backed by a super yacht - the angle, combined with the closeness of the car and distortion from the short focal length express the aggressiveness of the vehicle.
EOS M5, 23mm, f/8, 1/400sec, ISO-100EOS M5, 23mm, f/8, 1/400sec, ISO-100

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

TalmeedL
Contributor

I was shooting from the bridge the shot was perfect and done intention of it I don't like always like my pictures straight

click here to view the gallery
Announcements