cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collared Aracaris in San Pablo de Borbur

adamrainoff
Contributor

20230701-274696-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg

The image captures three Collared Aracaris (Pteroglossus torquatus) perched on a tree branch in San Pablo de Borbur, Boyacá, Colombia. These striking birds, with their vivid black, yellow, and red plumage, are perfectly aligned in a natural composition, displaying their impressive beaks and sharp features. The lush green background contrasts with the rich colors of the birds, creating a captivating visual. The lighting was soft, helping emphasize the details in their feathers. I captured this moment with a Canon R5, using an RF 800mm lens with a 1.4x extender, reaching an effective focal length of 1120mm. At 1/90 sec, f/16, and ISO 800, these settings allowed me to capture fine details even in low light conditions.

San Pablo de Borbur, nestled in the lush environment of Boyacá, is a hotspot for birdwatching and biodiversity, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers. Collaborating with local conservationists, like Henry Ferrer of Encanto Verde, and birding expert Egor Merik Sanchez from Programa de Aves Urbanas, I’ve had the chance to explore the area's rich ecosystems. The conservation efforts here aim to preserve the region's biodiversity while promoting sustainable tourism, a mission close to my heart.

©2023 Adam Rainoff Photographer

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements