cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Conquering New Markets?

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Apparently they have gone into the coffee business...

EOS 80D, EF-S 18-135 IS USM@110mm, f/5.6, 1/160sec, ISO-2500EOS 80D, EF-S 18-135 IS USM@110mm, f/5.6, 1/160sec, ISO-2500

I haven't been along this trendy little street in the heart of Auckland City, but apparently I missed the start of a whole new venture!

If one pursues the meaning of EOS, it can cover a diverse range:
End of Service - in the case of Canon, probably not one they would attach to their brand
Electro-Operating System: well, yes... that's where Canon got the acronym back in 1987 with the EOS 650.
EOS, one of the three gods of the Pantheon.  EOS was the Goddess of the dawn.  That sounds more promising.  Possibly the connection to the coffee emporium, considering this part of town is a multi-cultural area.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Eos, the goddess of dawn, played a part in choosing the name EOS. After all, our company name derives from the Buddhist goddess of mercy, Kwanon!

Now I didn't know THAT.  Thank you so much for this excellent piece of context Stephen!!!!  You are a fountain of excellent information.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have a tube of shave cream...EOS.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I have two excellent coffee mugs - one for the EF 70-200L f/2.8 MkII IS USM and the other for the EF 24-105L f/4.  Both work well as mugs, and even the controls switches on the bodies actually switch! 😊

cheers, TREVOR

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Many moons ago, there used to be a camera store in the Santa Fe, New Mexico plaza called "The little Adobe Photo Shop"

Announcements