cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - Presented by Canon

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Another Balloon Fiesta is in the books. And another FREE! cleaning for my Rebel!

I really think Canon should arrange a meetup for forum members, or at least some swag 8^)

Balloon Glows are amazing.

IMG_7073.jpg

IMG_7099.jpg

For the first time this year, they launched a group of balloons at dawn

IMG_7102.jpg

This is just a fraction of the balloons on a slow weekday - i.e., not the mass ascencion on the first two days.

IMG_7193.jpg

I have no idea what a "Shprinck" is, but it was featured at the Canon Tent. I forgot to ask if Rudy Winston was there. One of these days I hope to meet him!

IMG_7210.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Some really nice shots here.

However I must say that baloons, once inflated are blown out of all proportion! Smiley LOL

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

While the mass ascensions are amazing, the balloon glows, when they static inflate at night are an amazing treat for the senses. The blast of heat when all the burners go off at once, is simply awesome.

As I say, the Balloon Fiesta is the only event that actually happens at golden hour. The only problem is that you have to share it with thousands of other people! Usually photographers have the morning golden hour to themeselves.

@kvbarkley wrote:

While the mass ascensions are amazing, the balloon glows, when they static inflate at night are an amazing treat for the senses. The blast of heat when all the burners go off at once, is simply awesome.

As I say, the Balloon Fiesta is the only event that actually happens at golden hour. The only problem is that you have to share it with thousands of other people! Usually photographers have the morning golden hour to themeselves.

When it comes to photography sometimes it helps to be 6'9".  This guy looked me straight in the eye, and grinned, as he walked past and stood in front of me.

33E317A2-43BF-4AD5-9ED3-20078F065F95.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I swear the world is becoming less and less gracious and more obstructive and agressive.  I think there are just too many of us...Smiley Sad

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@Tronhard wrote:

I swear the world is becoming less and less gracious and more obstructive and agressive.  I think there are just too many of us...Smiley Sad

This guy was just simply being a jerk.  I was sitting in a chair with my camera on a tripod.  Enough said.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements