cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovered CRM files not displayed in Cinema RAW Development

cinemastoreg
Apprentice

Hello, I have a non-standard problem with *.CRM video files. I accidentally deleted them from my SSD on my computer. The files did not fit in the basket. I immediately ran a deleted file recovery program (tried different ones) and the files were quickly and completely recovered. But now these files are not displayed in Cinema RAW Development.

Who can help me? Any help on data file structure or anything. Thank you !

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Can you get them from your backup?

cinemastoreg
Apprentice

No, I don't have a backup of this data. I think the problem is in the file structure, maybe some mark in the file or something.

You'll need to then explore data recovery options which could be quite expensive.

But do take a crucial lesson from all this.  Backups!

On my Mac, I use Time Machine which does hourly backups to a RAID 1 drive.  I then put smaller sets of files also in the cloud (Apple's cloud service).  And for files that are way too large for the cloud (photos and video), I copy to a removable drive each month to store at an offsite location.

For photos and video, I ultimately have four copies:

• One on the main data drive
  • Two technically on the backup two-disk RAID 1 drive (1 file per disk)
  • One offsite
--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Do you get an error or other message when you try to view the files?

You can take a hex editor and compare the first bytes in each file to see if you are missing anything.

cinemastoreg
Apprentice

No errors or messages. I also add screenshots.CRM_error_f2.pngCRM_error_f3.pngCRM_error_f4.png

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements