cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 C Unable to remove cable from time code terminal via short release mechanism

Peterade
Apprentice

A sound man in haste connected a DIN-BNC cable to my R5C TIME CODE terminal but he used a short release mechanism to the TIME CODE terminal, now I can't disconnect it from the camera. Manual says to use a long release mechanism.
Has anyone found a solution to this issue?
Thanks for any ideas.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

I'm sorry to hear this. I am not aware of any way to disconnect a time code cable with a short release barrel connector.  As tempting as it might be, don't jack up your camera. Contact Canon Support. Let us know what they say.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Peterade
Apprentice

Yet to get an answer from Canon.  They can take a few days.  A friend managed to remove by pressing the lead inwards whilst pulling the metal sleeve outwards with a fine pair of pliers.  Camera body was protected with tape. Will always take care with who sticks what into my precious.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thats good to hear.  You dodged a bullet.  The important thing is the body was not damaged.🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements