cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5c color noise

eblesofsky
Apprentice

I’ve struggled with color noise issues in my Canon R5C CLog3 and any FPS footage. No matter what I’ve tried or which video I’ve watched, none of them have helped. I’ve shot at the lowest ISO and at the native ISO value of 800, along with base 3200 both in well-lit environments and in low light. Despite all my efforts, I haven’t been able to get rid of the noise problem. I have tried bt 709 and clog 3.  

I really love my camera, but no matter which LUT or color settings I use, the quality is really poor. I’m considering selling my camera this week. ? Can you help me understand why I can’t get rid of this noise issue?holly.jpgTimeline 1_01_00_14_03.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For our benefit, can you please provide the mode, frame rate, etc you were shooting in?

What lens are you shooting with?

What are you doing your post-production in?

Are these screen grabs from video, or are these still images? 

Maybe you can provide raw image samples for us.  You'll need to use a photo sharing service and provide links.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Evening, those are in fact screen grabs from davinci resolve.

shot in Slow and fast mode 60/120

xfavc long gop 4k

r5c with 24-70 2.8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks for the additional info.  I see florescent lighting.  Can you also let us know what Kelvin temperature you're shooting at and what firmware version you running (sorry should have asked).  I need a little time, we have family in town.  I'll also ask a colleague (AtticusLake) to take a peek.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer here.  I can't really see the noise in the images you posted -- I guess it's more visibile in movies.

Does this happen just in slow-mo?  Or in regular speed too?  In slo-mo (i.e. high-speed shooting) the camera does less processing on the image, because the volume of data is too high.  For example above a certain frame rate oversampling is no longer used.

Announcements