cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paper jams Pro-100

wietgrefe
Apprentice

How do I load paper into my Pro-100? It has misfed every time.  Does it lie flat, or does the bottom end get inserted next to the wheel?  My new printer grabs with a jerk and misfeeds after about getting the paper in about 2-3 inches every time.  (I've tried about 10 times.)  Haven't successfully done a test print or printer head alignment yet.  Is it possibly a lemon?  Or is there a type or weight of plain paper I need to use?

7 REPLIES 7

7D5D
Rising Star

Are you using the rear feed slot or the manual feed slot?  Make sure you use the rear feed slot for regular size paper.  I recently purchased this printer myself and had the very same problem until I realized I was trying to pull from the wrong slot.

Rear feed slot (# 2)

SNAG-0012.jpg

Manual feed slot (# 3)

SNAG-0013.jpg

First, of all, thanks for the reply.  I am using the rear feed slot.  I have tried with putting in one, two, three, and several sheets of paper.  It grabs the paper and takes it into the printer about three inches before it jams.  The paper doesn't go straight, but moves about 15 degrees left.  I've watched Canon's video on how to insert paper and done it properly, as far as I can tell.  They don't show what the paper should touch at the feed, but I've tried two different ways, touching the wheel which will feed it, and touching a flat part of the printer about a half an inch behind the wheel.  I've turned it off, after clearing job, and tried a second day, no luck.  I've found the customer service phone number and waited until they are again open today, after the Memorial Day holiday, to call.

Sorry that wasn't it. Either sounds defective or something like a little piece of packing foam stuck inside. I'm surprised non of the Canon techs haven't commented on your post.

I finally got in touch with tech support, and they checked the sort of things that you mentioned, but nothing worked.  So I'm taking it to a local Canon repair place tomorrow, for repair or replacement.  Thanks.

The repair person said that some sort of metal bracket had fallen into the printer.   I couldn't see anything.  Will pick it up Monday.  Thank you Canon support.

I am having the exact same problem, just set it up from the box and nothing, keeps jamming (well it is not even pulling it in at all). What did you end up finding was wrong with your printer?

Sorry I realize you had your printer problems 4 years ago, but I am taking a chance here you might remember...thanks.

Jim

@jmasonbr wrote:

I am having the exact same problem, just set it up from the box and nothing, keeps jamming (well it is not even pulling it in at all). What did you end up finding was wrong with your printer?

Sorry I realize you had your printer problems 4 years ago, but I am taking a chance here you might remember...thanks.

Jim

Make sure that you have removed all of the bright orange packing restraints.  As I recall, there were one or two on the inside to restrict movement of the printer carriage, and other moving internal parts.

Also, be sure that the paper is being inserted into the port that the printer is expecting.  There can be confusion over which port is the "rear" port on the Pixma Pro-# printers.  If you are using the "Rear Port", which is on the top surfce of the printer, then make sure that the cover is closed over the bottom of the sheet.

The paper input port on the rear facing surface of the printer is called the "manual feed tray".  The names seem backwards to me, but they are what they are.  I always use a single sheet in the "rear tray" on the top surface.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements