cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 driver issues with MacOS 15 Sequoia on M1 Mac

cape_ed
Contributor

I’ve been using my Pro-300 on my M1 iMac (OS14 Sonoma) for over a year with no problems. I just updated to OS15 Sequoia, and when I install the driver (via the online setup) it keeps installing the AirPrint version of the driver. There was a procedure to get around with Sonoma, but it’s not working with Sequoia. I checked the Pro-300 Firmware, and it's 2.0, the latest.

Has anyone been able to run the Pro-300 on an Apple Silicon Mac with Sequoia, and if so how do you get around the AirPrint issue?

Ed

13 REPLIES 13

It's definitely not ideal for me either but at least it works while we wait for a fix (hopefully soon).

cape_ed
Contributor

Thank you all for your great input and patience while I contacted Canon Tech Support for Pro Printers. BTW, that number is 800-652-2666.

I did speak to a Canon tech this morning and she informed me that the MacOS 15 Sequoia driver for the ImagePROGRAF printers is in fact NOT available yet. She also said that updates come out every Thursday, so it looks like we’re now at least a week away - assuming that the update will even be ready by next Thursday.

Regarding some of the responses to my original post, I have a couple of comments.

I normally print to my Pro-300 through Photoshop CC, and I can still print an image that way, but it’s useless because Sequoia only recognizes the AirPrint driver and you only have limited functionality with that driver. The print colors come out awful because you don’t have access to all the setting in the Media & Quality section, and the Color Management settings are definitely not being recognized.

I couldn’t get it to work from Canon’s Professional Print & Layout app either. When I submitted the print job, the Canon print Job Manager just reported an error with no details (Errors 1000, 1250, 1600, and 1668 whatever they mean).

Regarding the USB connection comments, make sure all of your Color Management and Media/Quality settings are in fact working properly. Maybe some basic printing functionality will work through the old driver, but please confirm that Color Management is working properly as well as full functionality of all the Media & Quality settings. It would be good to know if USB is a full functioned workaround until the new driver is released. I don't have cable handy to try it.

Also regarding connection via USB, I originally tried that when I got the Pro-300 a couple years ago, and noticed that I didn’t have access to all the printer Utility functions via USB (Nozzle Check, Cleaning, Print Head Alignment, etc.). I could only do those utilities from the Pro-300 front panel. That was two years ago and I haven’t tried USB since then, so maybe the Utilities work through USB now.

Patnotz, if you hear anything new via your ticket submission, please let us know.

Let’s all hope for a Sequoia driver next Thursday.

Ed

Kikala
Apprentice

I just received the Pro 1100 today. I am experiencing similar problems. When I install the printer driver, it shows that the driver is printed through AirPrint. However, when I started printing with Canon printing software, all functions, including color management, were working correctly. I am able to choose the paper profile ICC and all necessary color management settings. Here is the screenshots Screenshot 2024-09-27 at 9.42.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-09-27 at 9.40.31 PM.png

Hi Kikala,

Thanks for the input and the great screen shots. I have all that functionality via the Canon PPL app as well. The problem I have with the PPL app is that the print job manager just kicks out an error when I try to print. Even though I am connected to the printer (via WiFi) and can check the printer status, do nozzle checks, etc., it just won't print through the PPL app.

I should have clarified this, but in my last post when I was talking about limited functionality of the driver via AirPrint, I was referring to using the driver through Photoshop, not the PPL app. And interestingly, I CAN print that way (again via WiFi), but I don't have all the Media & Quality settings, and by viewing the prints, Color Management is definitely not working.

Just out of curiosity, how are you connected, USB or WiFi?

Ed

Announcements