cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Error lights - 3 flashes

andynjane8
Apprentice

This has become a constant point of frustration for the last year or more. I don't use the printer often but it seems each time I do I can expect to spend at least a hour troubleshooting something. Usually I get the 3-flash error that would suggest one of the covers is open or there is a paper jam. I have gone through the checklist of covers and there is no paper jam but yet the 3-flashes persist and I cannot print. I am ready to throw this piece of crap out the window. Please give me a clue what I need to do to avoid this nightmare every time I use this printer.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thats exactly what I was going to point you to.

Canon Knowledge Base - PRO-100 Support Codes

Error codes

Three flashes:

Paper output tray is closed./Feed slot cover is opened./Manual feed tray is in the paper jam clearing position./Cannot print on a printable disc./Paper jams.

If the paper output tray is closed, open it. The printer resumes printing.

If the feed slot cover is opened, close the cover slowly and press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer. The printer resumes printing.

If the rear tray is open before you load paper on the manual feed tray, close the rear tray slowly, press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer, then load paper.

When you start printing on a printable disc, make sure that the paper is removed from the manual feed tray, then press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer.

If the error still remains, paper may be jammed. Remove the jammed paper, reload paper in the printer, and then press the RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am having the same problem. The error indicates "Manual feed tray is in the paper jam
clearing position". IT IS NOT IN THIS POSITION. I have opened and closed it a zilliion times and the light continues to flash. It is not helpful to provide a list of what the error codes mean and troubleshooting tips. I have gone through all that already and it still will not stop blinking and I cannot print. I printed numerous things on the printer last week and there was no jam and I did not use the manual feed tray. Everything should be the same as it was then. Despite this, I have fully examined everything with a magnifying glass and shop light and there is no paper stuck anywhere. AND THE FEED TRAY IS CLOSED. I don't think I have ever used the feed tray with any of my printing projects.

Where is/are the sensor(s) that indicates whether the manual feed tray is open or closed? I may need to jimmy it so it thinks it is closed.

Announcements