cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 Blinks 4 times HC00 Error. Print head does not appear to recognize ANY cartridge leve

csstksue
Apprentice

I swapped out the C cartridge as I usually do. Did not get the genuine ink installed message (I only use Canon cli-42. no off brands). I was able to print one item - but now printer just repeatedly blinks 4 times. Turned off/on Multiple times. Tried resetting print head as described in another message board. Still blinks 4 times. The strange thing is the printer head mechanism does not even slide to middle when I open the printer as if to change a cartridge, and now the printer utility shows none of the ink cartridge levels can be verified. I even swapped out the C cartridge again. No change.

Any ideas to try and fix? It has worked absolutely flawlessly for last 4-5 years - really hate to think it crossed the Printer Rainbow Bridge so suddenly! Thanks! Sue

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi csstksue,

Based on your description of the issue and what you have already tried to resolve it, it would appear that your PIXMA PRO-100 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements