cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a Canon Pro-1000

CantCount210
Apprentice

I'm thinking about getting a new desk.  Therefore, I would carefully move the Pro-1000 to the new desk.  What's the probability that is successful without having the printer dump all the ink?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Unless you turn the printer sideways or upside down, no ink is going to come out.  Power off, unplug and move.  Reconnect, power on, good to go.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Oh, I'm not concerned about ink coming out, as in drips.  I recall reading that the printer is, shall we say, sensitive to movement...where upon the printer will require a full dump of all ink carts to MC-20 maintenance.  Are you saying that power off, unplug will keep the printer from knowing is has moved? 

The printer doesn't have a gyro-scope or GPS.  Is doesn't know where it sits in your house. 

It is likely the printer will charge its printhead after the power cycle operation.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements