cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Y'all!!!This is probably a dumb question but I am having a nightmare with my IPF6300. She says

hamra
Apprentice

My 6300 says she is going to print at the size and layout I want but when she goes to preview it is all different and she has a mind of her own. nothing is coming out the right size and multiple prints never work at the right size either. I have been through the manual and it appears I am doing everything correctly but to no avail. Have I got a rogue machine or am i missing something important - maybe tone. I am serious. HELP me please

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Hey, Y'all, what software are you using to print with?

Most post processing software has two places to set up the page size. I am going to guess you are missing one of them.

In Lightroom for instance there is a page set up under the 'File' tab. Plus the normal size set up in the printer menu itself.

Check yours!  Seriously......................Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi thanks for replying. I am just using the software which came with it. It seems that the thing I cant get happening is the free layout function- this is what the operating manual says which isnt supported by 64 bit pc??? there is no option for free layout in the page layout menu. Is there a better software to use? I can get it happening if I print muliple copies which are all different images from the same file. eg if iI have 200 images on a file and I choose 1-9 on the initial menu and then do 9 copies on the page layout. but I cant work out how to print non sequential images eg 1,48,69,etc as a comma doesnt seem to be recognised.If I am confusing it is probably because I am Australian-too much sun! HELP!!

"HELP!!"

OK, you asked for it, get Lightroom 5. It is the best post program, besides Photoshop, on the market. It is not free at about $150.

What exactly are you using, now? Easy Photo Print EX works fairly good. You can make all sorts of projects with it. It is free.

EB

Hi EBiggs,

Thanks again,

I am just going through the Adobe reader at the moment to print so I did some research  and I have downloaded Lightroom and thought hey probs are over but of course I cant use lightroom with the files I want to print because they are not Photos!- they are in fact text documents. I did learn a lot about lightroom during the process and will keep it and use on other projects but my initial problem remains, how do I copy multiple pages  of an original text document onto a roll of paper, any ideas?

Doc size 165 x 203.3 roll paper width 610 so 3x per row !

We used a simular plotter at Hallmark to print blue prints. If you are printing straight text, you need a text editor. MS Office is suported by your printer. Although I believe Photoshop aslo supports some text, too.

We used AutoCad at Hallmark.

Whatever you set up in the software should be printed, so you need to get the software that can comminicate with the plotter.

EB
Announcements