cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-10: Size of printed image incorrect.

aelkholy
Apprentice

Hi, I have a Pixma Pro-10. I am using MacOS Ventura 13.0.1, printing from the most recent version of Photoshop onto Moab Lasal Photo Matte 8.5''x11''. When I print a photo, the size is not the size I specified. It prints an image the size of 3''x4'' in the corner of the paper, instead of size I expect, which with these settings is an image the size of 8.486''x10.986''. To diagnose this, I have:

* Restarted my computer
* Reinstalled the most recent drivers from the support page
* (After reinstalling driver) Removed and re-added the printer in my printers & scanners page
* Tested different ICC profiles
* Tested different sizes of image to print
* Tested different Photoshop files
* Power cycled my printer by disconnecting the cord for > 10 seconds.

Nothing I'm doing is working. Any suggestions?

Print settings I am using (it is set to US letter size in the print settings dialog):

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 6.47.46 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aelkholy
Apprentice

The issue was with Photoshop. The diagnostic I didn't realize I needed to try was printing using another software, Preview worked fine for this. Adobe support told me to reset the printer settings and it worked again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Uncheck "scale to fit media".

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

That does not solve the problem.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

That was the easy thing to try.  " I am using MacOS Ventura 13.0.1,...", we need to have one of our Mac people see if the OS is the problem which is a possibility. The print driver may not be compatible with it.

If you use Canon brand paper will it print the size you selected?

EB

I don't have Canon brand paper on hand but I tested using a Canon ICC profile, which did not work. If the OS is not compatible does that mean that my printer is unusable? That would be a very frustrating outcome considering the money I invested into a Canon product.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First the ICC profile is for color spec not a size. It sets the correct color gamut for the paper, usually they are created by the paper manufacturer.  

The very first thing I would try is some Canon brand paper.  Canon brand ink. Also using Canon software which you can d/l from Canon for free. When you are in the setup stage it is always best to use exactly what Canon recommends.

" If the OS is not compatible does that mean that my printer is unusable?" No it doesn't there should be another compatible driver if that is actually the case. Keep in mind I am a Windows user and not a Mac expert. I do know that Mac's OS can cause problems at times. You really need to ask a Mac guy about that. Or you can call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666 and ask them. They will know for sure.

EB

aelkholy
Apprentice

The issue was with Photoshop. The diagnostic I didn't realize I needed to try was printing using another software, Preview worked fine for this. Adobe support told me to reset the printer settings and it worked again.

Announcements