cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100S printhead issue

MalcB1
Apprentice

In the past 10 days I purchased a new(ish) Canon Pixma Pro 100S from Ebay. I’ve always wanted a 100S and since it is now discontinued I knew I’d have to buy a second-hand one. The issue was that the printer did not have a printerhead or ink. So I knew I was taking a chance!

I purchased a new head from CRC (Taskron) and OEM pre-filled ink from Cartridge People. One ink tank (grey) shows up as being nearly empty. I’ve tried it in another colour and the fault seems to be in the cartridge as black showed ok in that slot but grey didn’t.

It would be great if this was the only problem but I think this is a minor issue compared with the real problem. When I aligned the print head group 2 printed fine but group 1 (PC, M, Y, PM) do not show at all.

I’ve run the set up more than once, checked the tanks are installed correctly and printed a couple of images which prove these tanks are not working.

I’ve had different error messages. The most recent was 3 but also 11 dreaded yellow flashes

My thoughts now are that this issue was why the printer was on Ebay. I only paid £102 but I’ve invested in ink and new printerhead so do I cut my losses or can someone help me fix the problem? Is it simply the faulty ink cartridge?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm based in the UK.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements