cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx532 won't print on android devices

f6lover1314
Apprentice

My new Pixma MX532 will not print with the Canon Print app on my android phone or my android tablet. My previous printer  (Pixma MX922) had no problems printing on either. The message initially said that it was "blocked", now it just says that it failed to print. The printer, phone and tablet are all connected to same wifi network - verified. Everything is set up the same as it was for my MX922.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi f6lover1314.

First thing to check is to ensure the printer is on the Copy or Fax screen.  If it's in a menu or the Scan screens, it may respond as "In Use".  You may also wish to try updating the printer's firmware.

If that's not at issue, check the printer's network information.  Ensure the printer's signal strength is 70% or better.  If it's lower, try moving the printer closer to the access point (no nearer than 2 ft), and/or minimize obstructions between the printer and access point.

If the signal strength is over 70%, open a browser on one of the mobile devices and enter the printer's IPv4 IP address (numbers and periods, no spaces), then hit Go.  If this opens the Remote UI, then the printer and mobile phone are being allowed to communicate; check your mobile devices for any pending updates or security software that might block signals from the printer.

If the Remote UI does not show up on the mobile devices, then your access point is not allowing them to communicate.  Refer to the access point's (/router's/modem's) documentation and support to correct the lack of communication.

Announcements