cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ix6820 - no wifi connection to T-Mobile home internet

calichick
Apprentice

So pretty much like the title says.

I have T-Mobile home internet (yea rural living). I've had this ix6820 prior to t-moble on another wifi network and worked fine. 

It doesn't matter what trouble shooting steps I have tried I cannot get this printer seen on the wifi network by any device, Windows 10, windows 7, android. 

I also cannot factory reset this printer at all...and this printer has been treated with kid gloves so it hadn't been manhandeled at all.

When I print out the network configuration page it still shows the very old SSID [network name from the old router]. 

As I mentioned I've done all the troubleshooting from Canon, and various online sites. On my windows 10 computer when I open up the Canon software/app to "check printer settings" and I click on "wireless LAN setup information" it brings up another dialog box showing information about access information detected from my computer....and it shows my current router and the current correct password. But.....when I click on the correct name and pass, then click on "redetect" the dialogue box says "the printer could not be detected on the network."  etc. etc. etc.

So I am hoping anyone here might know of a special trick that will allow me to get this printer wireless connected. 

Thx

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi calichick,

To connect your PIXMA iX6820 to your Wi-Fi, there is an app that you can use.

On your mobile device, please open Google Play or the Apple App Store to download and install:

Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY

Once that app is installed, please close it.

Please hold down the Wi-Fi button on your iX6820 until the power light blinks 2 times and then let go of the button.  the Wi-Fi button is the third button down.

Next, please open the Canon PRINT app that you just installed.  "Do you want to search...." will appear.  Tap Yes, select your wireless network name and then enter your Wi-Fi password to connect your iX6820.

For more information:

Cableless Setup

Using Canon PRINT to set up iX6820 on iOS device

Using Canon PRINT to set up iX6820 on Android device

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements