cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS mf5890 Wireless

mindysue129
Apprentice

HI I need help setting up my wireless with imageclass mf4890. I have read the manual. I have tried to access it on the printer and I am not having any luck. When I search for the printer on my computer, it does not show up. I am using a mac 10.7. I did not see a wireless connection screen when turning on my printer for the first time. Please help!!!

One other question- was there supposed to be a USB cable in the box? I only recieved a power cord and phone cord.

1 REPLY 1

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi mindysue129,

We'll be glad to help.  To narrow down the cause of the issue, have the latest driver and the Wireless Setup Assistant been downloaded?  If not, either can be downloaded here

What type of wireless communication is being used (e.g. router, Airport)? 

In the meantime, please confirm that the hardware itself is functioning properly by making a copy on the laser printer itself.

You can view status of the Wireless Lan Settings on your device using the below steps:

1. Press [Menu].

2. Press [ ^ ] or [ v ] to highlight <Network Settings>, and then press [OK].

3. Press [ ^ ] or [ v ] to highlight <Select Wired/Wireless LAN>, and then press [OK].

4. Press [ ^ ] or [ v ] to highlight <Wireless LAN> if not already selected, and then press [OK].

With regard to a USB cable, no a cable is not included with your product.  Here's a link to view the items included.  However, a standard USB 2.0 cable can be used.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements