cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

admin login issue after updating the firmware

NYC74
Apprentice

Hi,  I updated the firmware on the printer and now I can't login to it from the website

it doesn't recognize the username and password

I've tried admin / canon / the serial number /leaving it blank...etc...   

have you encountered this issue before?  how did you fix it?

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 
equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Hi,  thank you for following up on my request - the model number is PIXMA IX6820

orfeous
Contributor

Did you try to reset the network settings to factory defaults? Often by holding in resume-button until power led flashes an x amout of time depending of the printer model. On PRO-10 its about 9 times. Then release the power button and the settings should be reset. Then install the printer via driver again and manage it either through Canon BJ Network setup or via Web-login.. password are not set by default on PRO-10.

5D Mk3

Hi Orfeous,  I haven't tried that yet. 

I don't think it is a network issue as I can ping it and print to it.  I just can't access the admin side of the device

Announcements