cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MX452 Printer Wireless Connection

JohninLA
Apprentice

I have tried all of this and for some reason, I can't get my printer onto my network. I tried WPS, it just times out, won't connect. I tried doing it manually, adding my passphrase, it errors out saying it can't connect. I tried doing it with the USB cable connected, same thing, the passphrase isn't accepted. Doing it manually, the printer finds the Access Point, my Belkin router, but the passphrase is rejected for some reason.

I have put many device onto the network, phones, tablets, tv's, media servers, with the same passphrase, and there is no problem. But, for some reason, this printer just won't connect.

I don't know what else to do. Canon tech support couldn't help, telling me to call my ISP or Belkin. Since this only happens with the printer, it seems the problem is the Canon, not my ISP or router. And yes, I know how to enter upper and lower case letters and numbers on the Canon. I've entered it many times, and verified it was correct. I even deleted my network from my tablet, and reentered the passphrase to be sure it still worked, and I was connected immediately.

Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

capeguyma
Apprentice

One possibility might be that you are exceeding the maximum number of connections allowed by your router. Try removing one or two devices from the network and see if your printer then connects. Also check the maximum number of connections in your router settings and then set it to a higher number.

Good luck!

I came across this same problem yesterday with my MX452.  I've had it a year, it has always connected immediately using the WPS method quickly.  Yesterday I tried doing that, I also tried entering my network passcode.  Nothing, it just times out repeatedly.

I have the same devices in my home that I had a year ago, I can't think of anything that has changed.  I have reset my modem, router, all devices.

Don't get it.  Any other suggestions?  I'm totally stumped on this one. The only way I can print is to take my macbook down to the printer and run a USB cable for now.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements