cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer MG5350 won't connect to Wi fi

RevDave
Apprentice

I have recently installed fibre at my home.   Since doing so, my MG5350 won't connect to the access points (either one) so  I am unable  to print via Wi-fi. The MAC addresses all agree but still no joy.   It finds the access points and all the information is correct but won't connect.  I have re-set the printer entirely including LAN and Wi-fi re-set, but still no joy.  My link status tells me its inactive and I can't seem to figure out how to make it active.   

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the community is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Many Thanks Tiffany... I'll get hold of the relevant group in the UK.. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings RevDave,

The MG5350 requires a network broadcasting 2.4Ghz wireless using WPA2 / AES encryption.  If your new network is using the same SSID name for all broadcasts 2.4 & 5G, try giving the networks unique names (example) myWireless2.4, MyWireless5G, or temporarily disabling the 5G broadcast until the printer is connected, then re-enable.  Also many newer network equipment comes with WPA3 enabled by default.  Check to see if there is a WPA3/WPA2 option or change to WPA2.  Don't worry, WPA2 is very secure. 😃  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements