cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP950 Software and Driver

mp950limbo
Apprentice

I have an old Pixma MP950 that I want to use to scan slides.  The problem is the install software disk won't work on my Windows 10 machine since it is 64 bit and the install disk driver is for 32 bit.  It worked fine years ago but since then I replaced the hard drive and lost any updated drivers and software.  I see that the support link in Canon shows it is discontinued over 10 years and does not provide any software/driver downloads. I have not had luck searching for a repository of the 64 bit driver and software and I'm not going to one of the sketchy sites for drivers.

Does anyone know a solution to resurrect the MP950 other than $100 VueScan?  If I have to buy anything, it will likely be a simple digital slide scanner on Amazon.  I'd rather use the MP950 I bought new years ago and keep it out of the landfill.  Canon probably expects people in my situation to buy the latest model but I'm not doing that.

I get that support needs to stop at some point but I'm unhappy that Canon couldn't just continue the link to the last version of software and driver with a "use at your own risk" disclaimer. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

normadel
Authority
Authority

Have you tried the Windows 7/64 bit driver?  Quite commonly Win 7 or 8 drivers work on Win 10 and 11.

Announcements