cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Software Cannot Communicate with imageCLASS MF244dw

cschrimpf
Apprentice

I have an ImageClass MF 244dw printer/scanner. All of a sudden, my PDF software cannot communicate with my printer/scanner. The first message I get is from ScanGearMF...says "Cannot communicate with the scanner. The cable may be disconnected or the scanner may be turned off." Everything is connected and the printer/scanner is turned on. The next message is from the the software PDF-XChange Editor "Scanning Pages: Error scanning process failed." My scanner just sits there and says "data Processing" I've reinstalled the printer and the drivers...hasn't helped. I've reached out to the PDF-XChange...they say it's the scanner and suggested that I update the drivers, which I've done.

Anyone out there have any other suggestions for me?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What operating system version and build are you using the printer with?

Has it been upgraded recently?

Any other changes you are aware of?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Good morning, Thank you for your reply. I rebooted my computer last night and am up early today. I tried the scanner again and changed the printer, again, and it scanned. It scanned, but NOT what was in the feeder and it looks very odd. So now I know that it's not my printer..it's the PDF XChange program that needs tweeking...very odd. I'll let you know if they determine it's the printer/scanner and not their problem. Thank you again for offering to help.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements