cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New laptop with windows 11 and imageCLASS MF6530 will not work.

lmichael69
Apprentice

I got a new laptop with windows 11 operating system and now can't use my imageclass MF6530, says not supported, please help!

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

While not certified, the windows 10 driver might work.  Please give it a try and report back to us.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwMDc5MDAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I don't think it works. I try to "add a local printer or network printer with manual settings", then "use an existing port" (which the printer does come up as USB001 ) but then it asks me to choose my printer driver form the list and Canon isn't even an option.  Am I doing something wrong? 

I don't think it works. I try to "add a local printer or network printer with manual settings", then "use an existing port" (which the printer does come up as USB001 ) but then it asks me to choose my printer driver form the list and Canon isn't even an option.  Am I doing something wrong?

normadel
Authority
Authority

Have you installed the printer software BEFORE connecting it to the computer? That's the usual procedure.

Have you installed the printer software AT ALL?

The Windows 10 software/driver should work.

Yes I have installed the driver before plugging in the USB. When I go to my setting and devices, it's not an option. If I try to "add a local printer or network printer with manual settings", then "use an existing port" (which the printer does come up as USB001 ) but then it asks me to choose my printer driver form the list and Canon isn't even an option. 

ALee1
Apprentice

Were you able to get your MF6530 to work with Windows 11?  I am having the same problem.

Thank you.  I used the Windows 8 compatibility mode on my Windows 11 laptop.  I am getting an error message stating, MF Toolbox - This program requires SVGA or better resolution.  Can you advise what I need to do?

megnani
Contributor

The following content was generated by AI. It may contain errors or inaccuracies, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional support.

If you're encountering compatibility issues between your new laptop running Windows 11 and the imageCLASS MF6530 printer, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. **Driver Compatibility:** Ensure that you have the correct and up-to-date driver for the imageCLASS MF6530 that is compatible with Windows 11. Sometimes, older drivers may not work properly with newer operating systems.

2. **Driver Installation:**
- Visit the Canon official website or use the installation disc that came with your printer to download and install the latest driver specifically designed for Windows 11.
- Follow the installation instructions carefully and make sure the driver installation completes successfully.

3. **Device Connectivity:**
- Connect the imageCLASS MF6530 printer to your laptop using a USB cable or set it up over your network if it supports network printing.
- Ensure that the printer is powered on and recognized by Windows 11.

4. **Check Printer Settings:**
- Open the Control Panel or Settings on your Windows 11 laptop.
- Navigate to Devices > Printers & scanners.
- Look for the imageCLASS MF6530 printer in the list. If it's not listed, try adding it manually using the "Add a printer or scanner" option.

5. **Troubleshoot Printer Issues:**
- Use the Windows built-in troubleshooter to identify and fix any common printing problems.
- Right-click on the printer in Devices > Printers & scanners and select "Troubleshoot".

6. **Compatibility Mode (if necessary):**
- Right-click on the driver installation file (typically a setup.exe or similar) that you downloaded from Canon's website.
- Select Properties > Compatibility tab.
- Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select an older version of Windows (e.g., Windows 10).
- Apply the settings and then try running the installer again.

7. **Update Windows and Drivers:**
- Make sure your Windows 11 laptop has all the latest updates installed. Sometimes, updates can include fixes for compatibility issues.
- Also, ensure that other device drivers on your laptop are up to date, as outdated drivers can sometimes cause conflicts with printing.

8. **Contact Canon Support:**
- If you continue to experience issues after trying these steps, consider contacting Canon's customer support. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or updated drivers that can help resolve the compatibility problem.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the compatibility issues between your new laptop running Windows 11 and the Canon imageCLASS MF6530 printer.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements