cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 6150 Wireless Connection Drops Out

Lojong
Apprentice

Hello Canon experts and fellow sufferers,  below is a copy of my earlier post followed by some further info. Help is coming from BT rather than Canon. ........

........... My MG6150 wireless connection failed.  After re-establishing the access point 'OK', the  'printer not responding'  message is shown. Perhaps I am omitting a further procedure?

+++ since the above I have downloaded the latest  printer driver from Canon (16.Nov.13).

Next I removed printer from computer followed by a reinstall of the printer as default printer.

I have cleared the print queue.

Reconnected to the Access Point

I am using W7/64bit

Since the above I have trawled the net for assistance and advice.  A BT source states that:...................

................"

The only reliable way is to use the printers set-up utility to manually set the IP address, and not use automatic settings, otherwise the printer will keep disconnecting when the DHCP lease is renewed. You should be able to find out how to do this by looking at the printers instruction manual.

You need to choose an IP address which is outside of the home hubs DHCP range.

Use IP address 192.168.1.50

Subnet 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.1 254

All of that seems to make good sense but I guess that I have another underlying/mixed problem that I need to resolve first in as much as I no longer have the printer appearing on my list of devices as detected by my BTHome hub.  It's a battle but I am making some progress.

Shame that Canon responds so infrequently to our calls for help.

Regards

Lojong

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi Lojong!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hi Stephen

M. thanks for your reply; I was unaware of the USA only support.  I will follow your advice.

Since my last post, I have resolved the problem, at least for now.  One tip that I followed up was to make sure that I checked the status of the "Windows Installer" service to be in Auto.  It was set in Manual mode, but setting it to Auto made no difference to my problem.  However, it did the trick for the person who offered the tip.

My resolution came about after resetting the addresses for the IP, Default Gateway, and Subnet Mask, back to those as set up before the original problem arose.. Switching over to WPS Push Button, I executed manual set ups for LAN set-up and Devices, removing and then reinstalling printer (Add printer) using the IP address was all that was needed.

So far so good but I await to see if drop-out occurs again when the DHCP assigns a new address, when the printer port may stop working.

Regards

Lojong

Announcements