cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF451dw macOS Sonoma 14.2 Driver Availability

MichaelP2
Apprentice

Hello Canon Forum,

I have an imageClass MF451dw printer that is less than one year old. It is for home use only. Over the last month, Mac OS had several updates to software. The latest is Sonoma 14.2. The printer prints perfectly from my iPhone and Mac Computer without any issues. However, the scan function is not working correctly. When I use the Scan Utility option, the document does feed into the printer feeder - at times temperamental; not in the past - and then processes the information. An error code appears: "An internal error occurred. Restart the computer, the try again. Code:10,202,3." I re-booted the computer and the printer. The Canon driver website does not have an updated driver version for my printer as of date. Is this a Canon issue? When do we expect an update? I can still can from the printer, but it is hit and miss. 

IMG_6615.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MichaelP2
Apprentice

I am replying to myself. When I did some additional research, it was stated by another used to use Google browser to download the new printer drivers for Mac Sonoma. Go figure, when you use Safari, the driver list does not appear. When you search through Google, it appears. Hmmm. Browsers. Why can't we make the world more simple for all users. I downloaded the updates, and behold it works; so far! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MichaelP2
Apprentice

I am replying to myself. When I did some additional research, it was stated by another used to use Google browser to download the new printer drivers for Mac Sonoma. Go figure, when you use Safari, the driver list does not appear. When you search through Google, it appears. Hmmm. Browsers. Why can't we make the world more simple for all users. I downloaded the updates, and behold it works; so far! 

Announcements