cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upgraded my Charter modem and lost printing capability.

creekkids2
Apprentice

I have a mac book pro w/ 10.5.8 op system.  Printer is a canon MP620 series.  It says not connected to the canon server.  I've tried power down and up.  I've tried to relocate the device thru blue tooth.   Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

diverhank
Authority

The manual says you have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers when you change network - which happened when you upgraded your modem.  See this link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/router_network_change_mx340_mp495_mx860_mp980_...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

I've been trying to do this (follow these instructions) for literally 3 hrs! Getting frustrated beyond words.  I can not find IJ network tool on the mac canon utility folder.  I know have printing from the USB cable restored but still no wireless.  Any more ideas?  Thanks

Finally 4 hrs and 13 mins later!   I downloaded the canon IJ network tool and it went step by step until the last step and then it didn't finish so I clicked on the mac address and hit apply and then changed my default printer in the settings page and it finally recognized the printer from the network.  It was luck and a lot of curse words.

Glad to hear that you had it worked out. You would think they would make it transparent to us users...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements