cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Driver/Utility can't find TS6220 wifi device from Windows 11 computer.

DataMeister
Contributor

My Dad has a TS6220 Printer/Scanner connected via Wifi. It has been working fine with Windows 11.

He hasn't scanned in a couple weeks, but today the regular Canon IJ Scan Utility and ScanGear couldn't see the scanner. However the basic Microsoft Windows 11 Scanner app was able to see and scan. I figured maybe something got corrupted in the Canon software so I uninstalled all Canon software, rebooted, and tried to reinstall from a fresh download.

The driver/software setup utility can't find the printer. I've disabled the firewall on the computer, I've manually entered the IP of the printer, and I've rebooted the printer. The setup utility still can't detect it and it won't let me reinstall the apps either until it can detect the printer.

However, Windows 11 found and installed it's own printer driver and the default Windows scanner app is still able to see the device and scan from it. My dad doesn't want to use the basic Windows app because it has no extra controls.

What the heck is going on with the Canon software?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is this the driver you are attempting to install?

shadowsports_0-1710301268938.png

Release Notes:

File Name
md__-win-ts6200-1_02-ea34_2.exe
File Version
File Size
92.91 MB
File Languages
English | Spanish | Arabic | BG | Czech | German | Danish | EE | Finnish | French | Greek | HR | Hungarian | Indonesian | Italian | Japanese | Korean | LT | LV | Dutch | Norwegian | Polish | Portuguese | RO | Russian | Northern Sami | SI | SK | TC | Thai | Turkish | UA | VN | Chinese
Post Date
11/13/2023
History
[Ver.1.02]
- The failure that may disable installation when PC detects the printer before driver is installed is modified. (Windows 10)
- Windows 11 has been added as a supported OS.

[Ver.1.01]
- Printable paper size has been added.
- The failure that may cause installation failure is modified.
Environment
Windows 11
Windows 10 (32bit)
Windows 10 (64bit)
Windows 8.1(32bit)
Windows 8.1(64bit)
Windows 7 SP1 or later(32bit)
Windows 7 SP1 or later(64bit)
Caution
Printer Driver:
1.[Windows 11,Windows 10]
Some of the settings (such as borderless printing) in the OS standard print settings screen are not valid. the settings in the Printer printing Preferences window are valid. Make settings in Printer printing Preferences when necessary.

2.[Windows 11,Windows 10]
Layout printing from the OS standard print settings screen may not be performed as expected in Some instances.
In such cases, open the Printer Printing Preferences window and change the paper size accordingly.

3.With Internet Explorer 11, a web site containing Japanese may not be printed properly. In Windows Update, update the OS and Internet Explorer to the latest version.

Scanner Driver:
1.If the OS is upgraded with the scanner driver remained installed, scanning by pressing the SCAN button on the Printer may not be performed After the upgrade. in such cases, re-install the scanner driver.

2.When MP Driver installation was stopped by the following acts with the screen awaiting connection, install it again. The installation is not completed even if plugged-in the USB cable again or turned-on the power supply again.
- To cancel the installation.
- To plugged-out the USB cable.
etc,

3.The scan from the scan button of the printer does not work when the connection is changed from the network connection to the USB connection. Install MP Driver again, and change the connection method.

Next Steps:

Remove the printer from Settings > Bluetooth and Devices > Printers and Scanners.

Next visit Control Panel > Programs and Features 

Uninstall all printer drivers.  MP, IJ Scan Utility, ScanGear, etc.

Restart the PC.  Ensure you can PING the printer from a command prompt.  Example, my printer's IP is 192.168.1.99

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22631.3155]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\itadmin>ping 192.168.1.99

Pinging 192.168.1.99 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.99: bytes=32 time=124ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.99: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.99: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.99: bytes=32 time=100ms TTL=64

Run this file:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwOTYzMjAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Report the results.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That is the driver file I was trying to use. The printer can be pinged just fine with about a 7ms response time. Windows 11's printer hub can find the printer and install it's own drivers from somewhere and then the Windows Scan app from the Microsoft store is able to see the scanner and make scans.

Even with all the Canon drivers and apps removed that official Canon driver file mentioned above doesn't find the printer. In the installation step where it scans for network printers it says it can't find anything.

I brought in another computer too running Windows 10 just to check, and it has the same issue (using the Windows 10 version of the driver file). Both have all their Windows updates, so I don't know if Microsoft could have pushed out something in February that would exclusively affect the Canon software when looking for network devices, or if something on the network itself has changed. I did restart the network router, but that had no effect either.

Announcements