cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect TS9120 to T-Mobile High Speed Gateway

Galane
Apprentice

I can't use WPS because the T-Mobile High Speed Gateway has no WPS button and there's nowhere in its web interface to enter a WPS PIN.

When I try other ways of connecting, after I select the SSID to use, it wants me to select the MAC address. It gives me a choice of three, none of which match the address on the label on the bottom of the gateway. (They're the MACs of my TV and two android tablets, why is the printer showing their MACs when they aren't Access Points?)

So there I am stuck. Whe the old DSL modem it showed me the correct MAC and the rest of setup went as it should.

Hopefully I don't have to turn off the WiFi on the T-Mobile gateway then connect a dual band WiFi router to it just to hook up a printer. That would have the benefit of being able to use one of the three gateway IP addresses almost everyone uses for a private network. 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, or 172.16.0.1 but might slow down the over 100 megabit download speed I get from a direct WiFi connection to the gateway. (But at $50 a month on auto pay it's far cheaper for the speed than any other internet service here.)

T-Mobile has their Gateway IP fixed to 192.168.12.1, forcing me to have to reconfigure EVERYTHING on my network. Had to change my wired laser printer, Open Media Vault server, all my security cameras, and reset and reconfigure from scratch my dd-wrt repeater-bridge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Galane
Apprentice

Found a solution. It has to be setup using a smartphone because the built in setup in the printer just flat out will not work with the T-Mobile gateway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu-Boh0ioEs

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Galane
Apprentice

Found a solution. It has to be setup using a smartphone because the built in setup in the printer just flat out will not work with the T-Mobile gateway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu-Boh0ioEs

Announcements