cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect Imagegraf Pro-1000 to new Netgear OrbiAX4200 WiFi 6 router

Cmcfayden
Apprentice

I have downloaded the updated firmware for the printer and I cannot get the printer to connect properly with the network on a consistent basis.  I had this printer operational for a couple of years with no problem.  My workaround is to connect it directly with a cable which is a real pain.  I called Netgear and after spending 2 hours waiting for someone who knew what was the problem I was told that I should contact Canon and see whether they had a new driver for the new WIFI 6 technology.  Anyone else have such issues and who has a fix?  I'm on a Mac, Catalina, latest update.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have a fair amount of experience with Netgear.  Am also familiar with Canon.

A newer driver is not going to solve the problem.  Your Prograf is not Wi-Fi6 (AX) capable, so it will never take advantage of this technology.

The Orbi's AX chipset is backwards compatible and will allow devices based on older wi-fi standards to connect without needing anything special.  Although the Orbi is Triband, one of the 5G broadcasts is used for backhaul  

Normally I would suggest that you disable SMART connect.  The printer has a 2.4Ghz (N) radio and cannot conect to a 5G broadcast.  Unfortunately, it looks like Netgear has done away with this option on newer Orbi's.  Ensure you are using WPA2 for security. 

Final thoughts.  You'll get the best performance from your Pro-graf connecting it via an ethernet cable.  You can connect it to the router or sattelite.  This will allow all devices (wired or wireless) connecting to your network access to the printer.  Why this connection method is preferred.  Wireless performance when you are transfering large images is not ideal.  So best performance will be achieved using ethernet (all devices) where possible, but at the very least the printer. 

Prograf 100 Full driver package v1.4

Orbi AX4200 RBK750 series Manual

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

O.k. thanks.  Makes sense.

Announcements