cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps, Programs & Websites overwriting printer properties

bruce4150
Apprentice

Has anybody else had this problem? I am having issues with apps and websites over riding my Canon printer properties. From time to time I run into an override that does not have all the features of the properties and I can't print the way I want. So, how can I prevent these apps and websites from controlling my printer?

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, bruce4150!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof), which Canon printer model you have, and what specifics apps and websites you're experiencing this issue with. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Greeting Danny,
First I would like to apology for this belated reply.  I very, really, very old and at times I get side tracked and over look things. Fortunately,  I noticed I had bookmarked Canon Community and that triggered my memory. Also, this is my first experience requesting help from the Community.

Bruce

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What printer model are you referring to please?  In addition to Dany's questions, can you please provide specific examples of the "Apps and Websites that override printer properties".  I cannot think of any correlation between the two, so more information would be helpful.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

G

Greeting in return Rick,

First I would like to apology for this belated reply.  I very, really, very old and at times I get side tracked and over look things. Fortunately,  I noticed I had bookmarked Canon Community and that triggered my memory.  Also, this is my first experience requesting help from the Community.

One thing I didn't keep track of was the websites and apps that are preempting my printers properties. It will take me a few days to gather that info.  I will send you that information and the other information recommended by Danny.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Bruce, Reno, NV

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements