cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No camera was found" message

BoazD
Apprentice

I am trying to install a new Power Shot SX50 HS camera, connecting it to my MacBook Pro, which runs OS X Version 10.8.5.  However, when I click on the Camera Window, I get a message that says "No camera was found."  That despite the fact that I installed the software following all instructions, and the camera is connected to the computer with a USB cable.  Thanks for any advice!

4 REPLIES 4

BoazD
Apprentice

So I think I found a solution!  In iPhoto, one of the listings is for "my devices."  My Canon camera is listed there.  a bit roundabout, but seems to work.

GenoBarr
Contributor

I just installed Camera Window on my Mac Book Pro using OS X 10.  Trying to connect my new Canon SX710 HS to download photos but I keep getting error "No camera was found."  What did I do wrong, and how do I fix it???

I think there's a bug or an issue of incompatibility there.  I still get that message all the time (camera not found), but iPhoto works just fine and I'm able to download from the camera with that app.

Photos works for me, when I use a card reader.  But it would be nice if that transfer app worked without having to remove the card.  C'mon Canon -- fix the bugs to make your camera compatible with Mac users.  If I had know this before I bought the camera, you might not have a sale.  😞

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements