cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Card Error

jalynnjohnsonnn
Apprentice

Hello!

So, I have this kind of older camera, the Cannon PowerShot A590IS, and I went to use it the other day, and it said the memory card was full. Well I don't mind, I went out and got a new one, but I put it in and now the camera says "Memory Card Error" at the top, and I'm assuming that is why I can't take pictures. Any advice? I need some help here LOL!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

A590IS

Will the camera read whats on the old card in playback mode?  Is the card indeed full?

If possible, can you connect the camera to a computer and copy data from the card?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

A590IS

Will the camera read whats on the old card in playback mode?  Is the card indeed full?

If possible, can you connect the camera to a computer and copy data from the card?

No, I cannot see what is on the card on the camera or on the computer so I don't know if it's actually full. 😕

Stephen

Hi jalynnjohnsonnn!

Bear in mind that the A590 is an older camera, so it's only compatible with SD and SDHC cards. That means you want to use full size (not mini/micro) SD cards that are 32GB or smaller. If your card is larger than 32GB, the PowerShot A590 IS will not be able to read the camera. Also, if you're using a mini/micro SD card inside an adapter, the camera may have difficulties. 

I hope this helps! 

Announcements