cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SX60 HS Viewfinder and LCD

sheelak
Apprentice

Hello,

I am still learning how to use this camera.  I prefer taking photos using the viewfinder.  However, after the photo is taken, it is good to see the photo settings with the LCD.  It seems like they cannot be both working at the same time.  Any suggestions on how to work with this?  Thanks, Sheela

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Trevor for your answer, and the references to the User`s Manual.    I agree my question was not that clear.  I was looking for a quick way to see the properties of the photo just taken in the LCD, when the viewfinder is used to take the photo itself.  I found out that it is the DISP label under FUNC SET that allows one to swtich from viewfinder to LCD, which is much faster than flipping the LCD open to turn off the viewfinder.  Thank you, SK

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

@sheelak wrote:

Hello,

I am still learning how to use this camera.  I prefer taking photos using the viewfinder.  However, after the photo is taken, it is good to see the photo settings with the LCD.  It seems like they cannot be both working at the same time.  Any suggestions on how to work with this?  Thanks, Sheela

Hi Sheelak:

I am slightly confused by your dilemma.  When your eye is to the viewfinder you cannot see the LCD and vice versa.  I interpret your question to be can you take your shot and immediately after see a view of the image on your LCD screen?

The first question is, have you been reading the manual?  If you don't have a copy of the manual you can download one from the Canon Website: Link to Manual 

There are references to this in the manual on the following pages:
The answer to that is on P56 of your manual
Viewfinder P24,   Viewing Images P105

If you want to be competent in using your camera, read your manual!  If, having done so, you have questions, please feel free to ask.

cheers:
Trevor

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you Trevor for your answer, and the references to the User`s Manual.    I agree my question was not that clear.  I was looking for a quick way to see the properties of the photo just taken in the LCD, when the viewfinder is used to take the photo itself.  I found out that it is the DISP label under FUNC SET that allows one to swtich from viewfinder to LCD, which is much faster than flipping the LCD open to turn off the viewfinder.  Thank you, SK

Announcements