cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit Mp4 movie from SX70

GeoffMather
Apprentice

I am new to the SX70 but not new to Canon and Cameras (have G5x and 7Dmk2) and am a Mac user.  I took my first video clip with the SX70 and  can't seem to find a good way to do editing.   I was able to trim with Quick Time Player but then I wanted to use iMovie to "stabilize" the jitters and iMovie said "no".   I looked at the .mp4 file with DPP where it plays but doesn't seem to offer a "trim" function.   The command-Info for the .mp4 file looks pretty standard:  1920x1080. codecs AAC  and H.264 lasting 15 seconds.

What is the best way to trim and edit movie files from my SX70 and probably other recent cameras?   Should I be making changes to the default movie settings in the camera?    There is likely some easy answer but I have had no trouble with movies from the G5x and the 7D so I am curious what is different about the SX70.    Thanks in advance.

p.s.  I know there is a trim facility built into the camera, but I want to trim at my laptop where I can see it on the big screen.

1 REPLY 1

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I suggest you ask this on the Apple Communities for iMovie.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/ilife/imovie

Announcements