cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED_Can no longer set Spot Meter option_PowerShot SX60

mimbrava
Apprentice

My nine-year-old PowerShot SX60 camera suddenly last night, when I wanted to shoot the full moon, stopped letting me choose the Spot Meter option in the drop-down menu (the other choices were Evaluative and Center Weighted Average; p. 72 of the User Guide). The drop-down choice to set that option is now missing. Please help me regain it. Thanks.

8/28/24
I kept fiddling with the camera settings and figured out that the option I want can still be accessed, but differently from previously. Now to get to it, I turn on the camera, hit MENU, FUNCTION SET twice, then scroll down to Evaluative, where I can select Spot.

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It is a little unclear, but you might want to unlink the AF frame to the Spot AE frame if you are using face detect or Tracking AF.

Thanks for the speedy reply. My AF frame is set to FlexiZone, and I don't use face detect or tracking AF. The Spot AE Point is set to AF Point (the other option is Center).
I just would like to know how to get back the option (p. 72 in the manual) of Evaluative, Center Weighted or Spot. I have no idea why it disappeared.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

That function is only available in certain modes:

Untitled.jpg

Announcements